Opinions Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lt.Warner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would like to get opinions on the Citizen Dive Watch Cyber Aqualand Nx.
I thinking about it but I would like to hear from you guys and gals first.

It works. Citizen has a good reputation for making expensive but sturdy dive watches. I think this is their first computer so I hope they got the software right.

Personally I find the format a little small for under water but if your eyes are good it might not be a problem. Also the price is so high that you can probably buy 3 or 4 Suunto Gekkos for the same money. And IIRC the deco model is built around DCIEM tables which will probably make it more conservative than most other computers around. And finally you can't change the battery yourself so once a year (or two) you'll miss it for a few weeks while it's getting swapped. And let's hope that doesn't happen in the middle of a week of well deserved R&R in Egypt.... Most purpose made dive computers have user-changable batteries.

If it were me I'd look further. If it were $200 I might consider it for a backup computer.

R..

Thanks, for the reply. Anyone else????

I've got the Citizen Titanium Aqualand Duplex, and I love it. It retails for $400+ but I bought it for a little over $100 on ebay. Gotta love those last minute swipes on Ebay! It logs 4 dives so I'm using it as a backup. Works great and no problems so far.

The Citizen Aqualand NX has a built-in rechargable battery which is charged about once a month via the supplied charger which runs off 4 AA batteries so you don't even need any power (great for liveaboards). It's on offer in the US very reasonable too. Works as a full Dive computer with air and nitrox deco stops. Builtin infrared for downloading up to 100 dive profiles with depth and water temp. recorded against time. Great display which is 30% bigger under water :)

Check out the review...

http://www.zerovisibility.co.uk/Aqualand.htm

I got mine for $395 / £210.
I reckon it's a real viable dive computer and is light enough to wear all day.

Good vis.

Mark

Diver0001:
It works. Citizen has a good reputation for making expensive but sturdy dive watches. I think this is their first computer so I hope they got the software right.

Personally I find the format a little small for under water but if your eyes are good it might not be a problem. Also the price is so high that you can probably buy 3 or 4 Suunto Gekkos for the same money. And IIRC the deco model is built around DCIEM tables which will probably make it more conservative than most other computers around. And finally you can't change the battery yourself so once a year (or two) you'll miss it for a few weeks while it's getting swapped.

R..

I got mine in Bonaire last month. Worked great on the remaining dives, downloads good too. It retailed for less than 1/2 of what it sells for here.

Im confident that I will get many years out of it.

I've used the Cyber Aqualand NX twice and it has performed flawlessly. Number size doesn't seem to be an issue and everything is very clearly laid out on screen. Quite intuitive to look at compared with some dive computers.

I have used the infra-red too for downloading the dive profile. Works great with supplied software and I have already made 2 html logs of my 2 dives. Not sure if I should put them online or not. Is there anyone else who has their dive logs online?

Clear water

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom