Citizen Hyper Aqualand Overreading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just curious if anybody else has had this problem.
I have a Citizen Hyper Aqualand digital watch with interface and it has worked perfectly for the last 4 1/2 years as a backup to my dive computer.
Each 2 years roughly I send it to Citizen for battery replacement and seals replacement.
Anyway about 1 month ago it started flashing low battery (exactly 2 years from last change) and at the same time the depth reading started giving absurdly high values - about 30% too deep. Depth accuracy was perfect until the battery indicator started flashing.

So it went back for new battery and seals.
Well I used it now on my holiday dives and it continues to overread by about 25% in comparison to true depth.

Could it be that letting the battery run down upset something in the calibration?
Doesn't seem logical.
Or is it an unfortunate coincidence and the repair is going to cost me?

Any comments?

Hmmmmm........intresting, I just bought a Hyper Aqualand while in Bonaire.

Well it turned out to be the circuit module which had to be changed. It wenr back to Citizen and they changed it for me. It's not quite as accurate now as it it was. Apparently the circuits and sensors come in matched pairs. Since I didn't want to pay for a new sensor, they just selected the best match from the circuits they had in stock.
I can't complain too much, this watch has 5 years use and hundreds of dives logged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom