Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Just got this e-mailed to me, and thought it a good Idea to pass it on.

URGENT SAFETY NOTICE REGARDING
DACOR DARWIN AIR, DACOR DARWIN CONSOLE and MARES M1 DIVE COMPUTERS!

If you have recently purchased a Dacor Darwin Air or Darwin Console or Mares M1 dive computer, please read the following safety notice regarding the recall of certain computers. HTM Sport S.p.A., Manufacturer of Dacor and Mares Dive Computers, has discovered that during production, a small number of Dacor Darwin and Mares M1 dive computers were improperly calibrated, resulting in erroneous calculations displayed regarding "No Dec Time", Deco Time", "Air Time", "Desat Time" and "No Fly" times. The specific products that may have this defect are in the following groups: Darwin Air, Darwin Console and Mares M1 Dive Computers.
THE MARES M1 RGBM MODEL IS NOT INVOLVED. DARWIN AIR: Serial Numbers between 3265 and 3415

DARWIN CONSOLE: Serial Numbers between 8503 and 8592

MARES M1: Serial Numbers between 22783 and 22902 Serial Numbers between 23019 and 23045

IF YOU ARE THE OWNER OF ONE OF THE DIVE COMPUTERS WITH A SERIAL NUMBER LISTED ABOVE,

DO NOT USE IT!

DIVING WITH AN IMPROPERLY CALIBRATED DIVE COMPUTER WILL PROVIDE INACCURATE NO DECOMPRESSION TIME, DECOMPRESSION TIME, AND NO FLY TIME, AND COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY, INCLUDING DECOMPRESSION SICKNESS, FROM OMITTED OR UNCORRECT DECOMPRESSION!
Take your dive computer IMMEDIATELY to your Authorized Dacor or Mares Dealer for repair. You should expect to receive it back within 60 days.

Dive Save!

Rather than merge this with the other thread bearing the same message I think as a public service I'll just let it stand as an additional warning... and proxy *told you so*. :D

No need to be sorry... you are probably not the only one who didn't see the other thread... hence the public service of having this one in the computer forum.

Am I the only one that would feel a little silly relying on a computer named "Darwin"? Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom