Atmos Elite Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBADIVINERIK

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville North Carolina...Home sweat home.
I know, I know another computer question but I am still searching for one that I can afford. I have come across a Atmos Elite that a local diver is looking to sell. He has moved to a scubapro model because it is small like a watch and totally different than this computer. This Atmos is different than any I have seen though. It is square rather large with a little wear and is about 4 years old. Has anyone seen these or had expierence with them. Are they a good computer or something to avoid. He seems to be offering a rather decent deal but I dont want to drop some money on something that isnt worth it.

-E

A square Atmos Elite? Does it have a transmitter? Are you sure you are not looking at an Aeris 750GT/Oceanic Datatrans Plus?

Vie:
A square Atmos Elite? Does it have a transmitter? Are you sure you are not looking at an Aeris 750GT/Oceanic Datatrans Plus?
Yes it does have a transmitter. To be honest I am going off of what this individual said the computer was. It looks like an Elite Face. Only its square. Could it be a 750GT? I have never seen one. It might explain why I cant find any data on a square Elite though. What do you think?

Erik

Here's a picture of the 750GT. The Oceanic Datatrans Plus is identical except for the Oceanic branding. Both have been discontinued.

Some people like wireless air integrated computers, others don't. It comes down to your personal preference and risk assumptions.

SCUBADIVINERIK:
Yeah that looks like it. The battery position is in the same place. Was it a decent computer?

It’s was ok but certainly was not a great computer, according to my LDS (who had sold a few). They had some problems with the early transmitters (lost link during dives and very short range). IMHO wireless transmitter can be a pain (I am using one myself with my Oceanic Atom—no problems, YET!) and an additional failure point. I always have a backup SPG. I would advise you to look at other options before you buy. If you still want to use it, I would check with Oceanic and/or your LDS to see whether parts (o-ring, battery compartment screws, battery etc.) are still available for your model. Also check with the seller to see if he has proofs/records that he had the computer serviced/inspected annually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom