Protection cover for TUSA, Nitek, Apeks......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henrikdk

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a protection cover for the TUSA, Nitek Duo, Apeks Quantum etc.?? :06:

Larry? :crafty:

Best regards,

Henrik

Yes, the Tusa comes with one, and since they're all the same computer (made by Seiko) the protector for the Tusa will fit any of the clones.

Yea... they are about 10 bucks. I don't have them on our page... but you can call, email, or pm me on it. But call during the week... closed on Sunday. I'm doing this from home... just got back from a round of Paintball where I got my lazy old' butt kicked by a bunch of 15 year old kids. Got to use the scuba tank for something when I'm not diving!

Another alternative is to make your own out of pda screen protector sheets.

I paid the equivalent of about $5 for a pack of ten sheets. i just made a little cardboard template of the screen, then cut out a piece of the protector sheet and stuck it on the computer screen (I have the apeks version).

works a treat, and i have plenty of spares.

J.

Freeflyer:
Another alternative is to make your own out of pda screen protector sheets.

I paid the equivalent of about $5 for a pack of ten sheets. i just made a little cardboard template of the screen, then cut out a piece of the protector sheet and stuck it on the computer screen (I have the apeks version).

works a treat, and i have plenty of spares.

J.

Where did you get the Screen Protector sheets? Are they thick enough to really protect the computer/gauge adequately?

Thanks,
TOM

You can probably get them at Staples or whatever those office-supply places are called. Basically it's a thin sheet of plastic that clings onto the screen. I guess it would protect it pretty good, probably not against a hard hit on something sharp though. If you're reaching in holes or are a generally clumsy person I'd get the 'real' protector which is bulletproof.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom