Tusa IQ-700 Dive Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Monkee Boy

Reaction score
Gaday -

I was very interested in the IQ-700s underwater gas switching capabilities (which all Nitrox computers should have), but the various manufacturers (Tusa, Diverite etc) instruction manuals make no reference to its dive planning capability.

For example, I want to dive to 120 feet on air (mix A) for 20 minutes. Can the IQ-700 tell me how much deco and at what depths I would then have to do assuming I switched to a Mix B of 40 per cent…..

If you can’t do this type of dive planning on the IQ-700, what type of tables would be best to use to complement the IQ-700’s deco algorithm (which I understand to be LHZ-12C).

Thanks for any information you an provide…

Thanks MB

Check out what you can do in 'Plan' mode, on all 3 versions of the manual (Tusa IQ-700, Apeks Quantum, Dive Rite NiTek Duo). Some versions are better at explaining all the capabilities than others, and I think the Tusa manual is the poorest English language version of the 3. All are available on-line in pdf format. One discrepancy is Dive Rite cites the algorithm uses 9 tissue compartments, Apeks and Tusa claim 12 tissue compartments.

For my Tusa IQ-700, it seems the same as on a NiTek3 - planning mode results are max no-deco times by the algorithm for whichever gas mix is selected. I ran a side-by-side against my NiTek3 recently in fact.

I'll let others comment on the decompression dive planning software, but since Dive Rite has been selling dive computers using this algorithm for some time now, you might ask Dive Rite about their Voyager software in relation to the NiTek family algorithm. I'm curious myself now that you mention it.

Monkee Boy:
Gaday -

I was very interested in the IQ-700s underwater gas switching capabilities (which all Nitrox computers should have), but the various manufacturers (Tusa, Diverite etc) instruction manuals make no reference to its dive planning capability.

For example, I want to dive to 120 feet on air (mix A) for 20 minutes. Can the IQ-700 tell me how much deco and at what depths I would then have to do assuming I switched to a Mix B of 40 per cent…..

If you can’t do this type of dive planning on the IQ-700, what type of tables would be best to use to complement the IQ-700’s deco algorithm (which I understand to be LHZ-12C).

Thanks for any information you an provide…

Thanks MB
You need to use the simulation function in the PC software to do that. But my guess is that anyone trained in deco diving would probably recommend using V-planner or some other tool to verify what the PC software calculated. You can download the softare from the Tusa website for free if you want to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom