Athens Home Solutions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astaines

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thought I'd warn you all that something funny's going on with Athens Home Solutions.

I wanted to get a xmas present for a dive buddy of mine.

I read quite a few recommendations about Jamie's Suunto dive computer interface on this board, so I put in an order and sent payment via paypal on December 15th, 04. I was told it should arrive within 1 or 2 weeks.

It has been almost 3 months now and I'm yet to hear anything. I wouldn't give a hoot if Jamie would contact me and say "I'm having trouble, just be cool"...but I've heard NOTHING from him. I've tried emailing him and calling, and leaving voice messages for him repeatedly.

For all I know, he could be dead or in prison...but I'm feeling very ripped off. This is the first net transaction I've made (out of hundreds) that has turned sour.

Because it took me longer than 45 days to realise that the goods weren't going to be delivered, it appears I have no recourse to get my money back - so all I can say is:

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS GUY.

It also took way longer than promised for mine to arrive. But, it did arrive.

It's been a while now. So, I can't remember how long it actually took. I don't think it was three months. But, it was probably two months.

I also got no return emails until it was shipping. I know that this is a side gig for him. His response had something to do with being busy with his other job.

Most people think that he's great. It's a shame that he tends to run sorta hot and cold with the service.

I would suggest letting him know that you have made this post but that you will update it if he comes around and ships you the unit.

took a while for my buddies, too, but it did come eventuallu and works very well, it was a couple of months if i reall correctly

mossym:
took a while for my buddies, too, but it did come eventuallu and works very well, it was a couple of months if i reall correctly

I've tried calling him a dozen times - always goes to voice mail. Have emailed a lot too and have not heard/received a single reply. I wouldn't give a hoot if he emailed and said 'I'm really sorry, I've been super busy but you will definitely get your unit eventually.'

But when the last thing I've heard/read is the automated payment confirmation email, 3 months ago, saying that I will receive the unit within a couple of weeks...I get a little concerned.

Back
Top Bottom