Oceanic Veo 200 and Oceanic Combo Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slick6

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought an Oceanic Veo 200 in a wrist boot, and just now bought the Oceanic Combo console. When I took the depth gauge out of the console boot and put the computer in . . . well, there's obviously a part that I need because theres a gap between the back of the boot and the back of the computer.

Any Oceanic guys (or anyone else) out there that can tell me what part I need? Obviously I don't really want to improvise, and the boot is the same one that they sell as a package with the computer instead of the depth gauge, so I know there must be a part I don't have and it came with neither the computer nor the console.

Thanks.

Wow! Talk about customer service! I sent an email to the generic sales email account at Oceanic asking them about this problem. Ron Landess at Oceanic is sending me the shim free of charge. Just thought I'd post a story of good customer service.

Slick6:
Wow! Talk about customer service! I sent an email to the generic sales email account at Oceanic asking them about this problem. Ron Landess at Oceanic is sending me the shim free of charge. Just thought I'd post a story of good customer service.

Hey Slick!

(Couldn't resist that one.)

I had the same situation last summer with the new Oceanic Veo 100 (yeah, I know) that I got in a wrist boot, putting it into a Sherwood console designed for the identical-size hockey-puck module. There was a reference to a "spacer" in one of the instructions that came with the computer, so I pretty much knew what I was missing.

I think I did e-mail Oceanic asking whether I could get a spacer, but didn't get any answer.

What I finally did was take an old compass wrist boot, and cut it up to make fill the gaps underneath and around the circumference of the module.

But a spacer would be much neater. I think I'll e-mail Oceanic one more time, and direct it to Ron Landess. Maybe he'll be as good to me.

Did you have to, um, prove to them you bought the stuff from an authorized dealer?
03.gif

--Marek

Marek K:
But a spacer would be much neater. I think I'll e-mail Oceanic one more time, and direct it to Ron Landess. Maybe he'll be as good to me.

Did you have to, um, prove to them you bought the stuff from an authorized dealer?
03.gif

--Marek

Hehe nope. He said the thing is only like a couple bucks though. Cheap to keep a customer happy and buying. :)

Back
Top Bottom