Oceanic Atom problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nratanachai

Registered
Reaction score
Is it true that Oceanic has fixed battery drain and flooding problems on Oceanic Atom on the next shipping (probably shipped)?

Are these problem serious?

As far as I heard, they have a new version shipping after March 15, call it the V.2.0 if you will. In which they have resolved the battery drain issue - in these it should last a year at least.

The battery Drain is a firmware issue, the 2D release is affected, the 2E is ok. I had a 2D and oceanic here changed it for a 2E one at no cost.

My unit (2C) is now on its way to the States to be upgraded/replaced after I pestered my LDS.

So if I don’t have any Oceanic warranty, can I upgrade or replace it? Any cost?

nratanachai:
So if I don’t have any Oceanic warranty, can I upgrade or replace it? Any cost?

How come you don’t have any Oceanic warranty? Did you buy it used or from an LDS that’s not an Oceanic authorised dealer?

Your best bet is probably to call Oceanic USA and ask them—(510) 562-0500. They don’t seem to answer their e-mails these days...

nratanachai:
How do I know, which version of firmware does the Atom have?

ignore this post—I wrote the wrong info.

nratanachai:
How do I know, which version of firmware does the Atom have?

Press the A and S buttons simultaneously for 8 seconds while in SURFACE MODE. The screen should show your Atom’s serial number, with something like “r2C” below that. In that case, 2C would be the firmware revision number.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom