Analox O2EII or Oxycheq Expedition or OxySpy O2 Analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexas

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking into buying an O2 analyzer and looking for feedback on these 3 analyzers:

1. Analox O2EII,
2. Oxycheq Expedition, or
3. OxySpy O2 Analyzer

Any suggestions on which one, and why one is better than the other? Also, how do you calibrate the Analox O2EII?

Thanks

ScubaTexas:
I'm looking into buying an O2 analyzer and looking for feedback on these 3 analyzers:

1. Analox O2EII,
2. Oxycheq Expedition, or
3. OxySpy O2 Analyzer

Any suggestions on which one, and why one is better than the other? Also, how do you calibrate the Analox O2EII?

Thanks

I have the Analox O2EII. I picked it up on eBay new for $215.00 plus $6.00. Nice and compact. Only used it a few times in the 2 weeks I've had it but it worked well for me. The seller had a dutch auction going and didn't sell all of them so he may have a few left. PM me if you want his email address.

Thanks for the suggestion.

After more research on all three, it looks like the two leaders are the Analox O2EII and the OxySpy, with the Analox O2EII probably winning out due to better price and longer O2 sensor life (and 3 year prorated warranty on the senor). I'd like to hear from anyone who has had an opportunity to try both the Analox and the OxySpy and if one worked in the field better than the other.

ScubaTexas:
Thanks for the suggestion.

After more research on all three, it looks like the two leaders are the Analox O2EII and the OxySpy, with the Analox O2EII probably winning out due to better price and longer O2 sensor life (and 3 year prorated warranty on the senor). I'd like to hear from anyone who has had an opportunity to try both the Analox and the OxySpy and if one worked in the field better than the other.

The LDS that fills my Nitrox tanks uses the OxySpy, and I used it to confirm their readings prior to getting the Analox. The OxySpy is a nice unit, but twice the size of the Analox.

To calibrate the OxySpy just wave it around in the air until it reads 21.9% then take your reading. The Analox comes with a table to allow you to compensate for the air tempurature and humidity, and then adjust the calibration using a dial on the front. There is also a hold button to retain your mix reading. The Anaolx seems to be more accurate (although the difference my be minor). The shorter, smaller Analox is easier to use and transport due to it's smaller size.

Also... get the Sensor Saver (a small plug that adds up to 2 years to the life expectancy of the sensor when it's not in use). It doesn't come with a carry case, but it is highly water resistant and drop proof. A nice thing to have when checking a tank on the deck of a pitching dive boat. Good luck.

wmspdi:
The LDS that fills my Nitrox tanks uses the OxySpy, and I used it to confirm their readings prior to getting the Analox. The OxySpy is a nice unit, but twice the size of the Analox.

To calibrate the OxySpy just wave it around in the air until it reads 21.9% then take your reading. The Analox comes with a table to allow you to compensate for the air tempurature and humidity, and then adjust the calibration using a dial on the front. There is also a hold button to retain your mix reading. The Anaolx seems to be more accurate (although the difference my be minor). The shorter, smaller Analox is easier to use and transport due to it's smaller size.

Also... get the Sensor Saver (a small plug that adds up to 2 years to the life expectancy of the sensor when it's not in use). It doesn't come with a carry case, but it is highly water resistant and drop proof. A nice thing to have when checking a tank on the deck of a pitching dive boat. Good luck.

Do you find the calibration procedure for the Analox cumbersome given the need for a chart?

Shouldn't that be 20.9%?

Back
Top Bottom