Suunto Dive Manager 2.1.3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive1627

Reaction score
Hi fellow divers!
Question to the knowledgeable community.

I used Suunto Dive Manager 1.6 with Mosquito dive computer and nice James home made interface. Had NO problems.

Installed Suunto Dive Manager 2.1.3 (latest one) on the same PC into the different directory. CAN'T connect from this one, still CAN from 1.6 version.

Installed version 2.1.3 on the different PC - CAN'T connect eather.

Anything i'm missing her?
Any suggestions / advices are welcome.

Thanks and happy safe dives.

dive1627:
Hi fellow divers!
Question to the knowledgeable community.

Anything i'm missing her?
Any suggestions / advices are welcome.

Thanks and happy safe dives.

Nope. V2.x is a PITA unless maybe you're a D9 owner.

I've done a little better in that i can download from a vytec but half the data gets lost.

I've decided to stick with V1.6.

My main irritation so far (and this has been the same since 2.X came out) is that when looking at all dives, you can't add/remove columns from the list of things displayed (at least I can't figure out how).

So for example, I can't get rid of the rubbish like sample interval, type of computer (since it's always my same cobra) and add in stuff I want to know, like how much lead I had on stuff like that (which I find more useful in my log).

Lots of little bugs in 2.1.3 Example, go into simulation mode and try and enter a temperature as 42°F, the number you enter is actually read in as 42°C, and then it converts the display from °C to °F for 108°F. You have to convert your temps to °C to input correctly.

Sloppy coding, IMO.

Maybe wait for version 2.2.x?

Dive1621 provided a link to additional information on this issue, but I like one fellows comment that 2.1.3 is a "tarted Up" version. The graphical display is not user friendly - even to the point of figuring out why some dives end up in multiple locations when you import from 1.6.

Seems like this dog should be left alone until it can hunt.

I'm resurrecting this thread in the hope one of you SDM users has kept the installation download for v1.6
I have just switched to a new computer and can't find the relevant SDM installation file: I downloaded v2 and it is absolutely terrible. If anyone has the file please send it to me!

Peter

I get a kick out of everyone that says 2.x is horrible and extols the beauty of 1.6.

1.6 was horrible software when it came out... at least 2.x presents something ressembling modern computer software!

About a year ago, I bought a new Vytec along with the Suunto Dive Manager device and software. Never could get it to talk to my computer. Help from Suunto consisted of telling me to progressively disable everything else on my computer.

I gave up and went back to 1.6 and my old Athens Home soutions home built contacts. Still working fine with my Vytec and my son's Cobra.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom