Suunto Olf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
Basically what is "OLF" in Suunto computers?
I read explanation in the manual for Vyper. But my understanding of the topic went nowhere...
thank you.

M_B:
Hello,
Basically what is "OLF" in Suunto computers?
I read explanation in the manual for Vyper. But my understanding of the topic went nowhere...
thank you.

OLF (Oxygen Limit Fraction) is basically the measurement of your Oxygen Exposure.

ooook, so when should one start worrying about oxygen exposure?
I would assume that the bar should go up ( the same way nitrogen loading goes up ). Just don't know for sure.
Another question - during the dive it started blinking from the second segment, not from the first ( bottom ) one up....
thnx

M_B:
ooook, so when should one start worrying about oxygen exposure?
I would assume that the bar should go up ( the same way nitrogen loading goes up ). Just don't know for sure.
Another question - during the dive it started blinking from the second segment, not from the first ( bottom ) one up....
thnx

As mentioned, that's just a measure of your oxygen exposure. If you're diving air, it's not something you'll typically worry about (your nitrogen exposure will be the limiting factor). It sounds like you've got your computer in 'Nitrox' mode. If I were you, I'd set it to 'Air' mode and you'll get a "consumed bottom time" graph where you're seeing the OLF now... More useful information to you right now. When you take a Nitrox class, OLF will make more sense...

:wink:

well, probably i didn't communicated well enough.... I set comp to Nitrox cause i was diving nitrox. And that' why i started to pa attention to the graph.
I just consed what exactly it shows - manual ( or me ? :) ) is not quite detailed about thiat.
thnx

Back
Top Bottom