Need a longer watch band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Rhino band; 12 1/4" x 7/8" (310mm x 22mm) from tip to tip. It's about 2 inches too short, to go around my DS.

Does anyone know who makes a longer band?

I made a longer band for my stinger using a piece of 1" nylon webbing I cut off of a tie-down strap. I used the hardware from a Waterborne watch strap that was too short and did the stitching with a hand awl.

rickyd:
I have a Rhino band; 12 1/4" x 7/8" (310mm x 22mm) from tip to tip. It's about 2 inches too short, to go around my DS.

Does anyone know who makes a longer band?

Take a look at http://www.timefactors.com he has rhino straps that are 360mm (14.2") long.

I've got a Swiss Army Lancer watch. While this has a "metal" band, it's made to expand to fit over a wetsuit. It easily fits on top of my 5mm with the band expanded. Check into something like that.

I just use a piece of bungie

For the underwater usage, the velcoro strap or bungie cord are the best. The fancy strap uses a pin buckle (failure point). No matter what you buy, it must be longer than 15 inch for 7mm wetsuit.

Should've know bungie was the easiest way to go.....

Anyone want a very slightly used grey Rhino band, cheap:D

Pug -

Interesting idea - I would have to either slice down the width, or, notch out a section for the pins - I have a max of 7/8". Not sure I want to fool around with the hardware thou - -

Fins -
I looked thru the TimeFactors site, and couldn't find the extra long Rhino anywhere...

Thanks for all the ideas guys.................

Check out the post (#31) on the thread, http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1071282#post1071282

You can have some clues how to do. It works great.

rickyd:
Pug -

Interesting idea - I would have to either slice down the width, or, notch out a section for the pins - I have a max of 7/8". Not sure I want to fool around with the hardware thou - -

Fins -
I looked thru the TimeFactors site, and couldn't find the extra long Rhino anywhere...

rickyd:
Pug -

Fins -

Rick,

Under the Straps pull down, select Rhino and Waterborne
Scroll down until you see Black Nylon Rhino Strap.

See the text
"I also have a small number of extra long in one piece, 70mm longer than standard. This one is for people who wish to wear their watch over the top of outdoor clothing"

Just below in the "add to basket" area there is a pulldown where you can select the longer straps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom