Compass removal on Tusa SCA-330

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murrr77

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the compass on the Tusa SCA-330 gauge console? I've tried prying but it looks like it is connected to the depth gauge on the opposite side. I'm removing it and reinstalling it because it is mounted with the side viewing window wrong, you can't see it, so it needs to be turned 90 degrees.

Also, on the depth gauge there is a shorter red needle to mark max depth. It is hard to turn by hand, you need to use a screw driver. Is this normal?

murrr77:
Does anyone know how to remove the compass on the Tusa SCA-330 gauge console? I've tried prying but it looks like it is connected to the depth gauge on the opposite side. I'm removing it and reinstalling it because it is mounted with the side viewing window wrong, you can't see it, so it needs to be turned 90 degrees.

Also, on the depth gauge there is a shorter red needle to mark max depth. It is hard to turn by hand, you need to use a screw driver. Is this normal?

Yea, it's not fastened in there... you just pop it out... and as far as the gauge, yea, they make those turn kinda hard so you don't accidently bump it and think your max depth was 50 feet when in fact you went 60... A coin works good normally...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom