Computer for Buddy - Favor/M1/Imprex2/Scan5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murrr77

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a buddy relatively new to diving and he needs a computer, for safety reasons more than convience. I use a Vytec and would prefer he has something conservative as well. However, most importantly would be ascent rate indicators and safety stop info. He rented one on a recent trip, think it was a Genesis resource or some similar one button computer that dind't give either of these.

He does not need Nitrox currently and cost is a factor. When he goes nitrox he will likely buy a new AI possibly hoseless unit (he likes my vytec, both transmitter and display info).

I'm looking at Suunto Favors, US Divers Monitor M1, Tusa Imprex II and a US Divers Scan 5 (I've heard these lose signal, can you use them w/o the transmitter as non-AI?)

Any info as to how conservative these are, ok w/repetative dives, or problems w/these units? Also, user replaceable batteries are a must.
Thanks!

Gekko-then it will read the same as your Vytec. It costa a bit more than the others you mentioned, but in the overall scheme of things that does not amount to much.

I have only used a Suunto Fusion (very similar to Favor - in fact - same owners manual). This has been a great recreational computer, categorized by Scuba Diving magazine as conservative, has replaceable batteries (replaceable by a shop), has back lighting nice for night dives, etc. I have never used the others you mentioned.

--Matt

My wife and I both use the Favors, and I've found them to be very reliable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom