Help ! Need to Reset Suunto Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All

I just bought a used Suunto EON dive computer. How do I reset the unit to erase all the previous dives and info from the previous owner from the unit? O I can begin my info only.

Thanks

W7ATR_Andy:
Hi All

I just bought a used Suunto EON dive computer. How do I reset the unit to erase all the previous dives and info from the previous owner from the unit? O I can begin my info only.

Thanks

Replace the battery (?)

W7ATR_Andy:
Hi All

Thanks

I did a search at the Suunto site using "reset" as the keyword. There was a question about this topic.

How can I reset the diving computer's memory?

Question
I bought a secondhand diving computer and want to erase the dives of the previous owner. How can this be done?

Answer
The memory of a diving computer cannot unfortunately be reset as this is a circle memory. The diving computer will start automatically overwriting the oldest dives when the memory capacity is exceeded. The maximum depth in the history memory can be zeroed but this can be done only in the Dive Manager software.

Go to www.suunto.com and select the "Help Desk" button at the bottom of the page.

Did you get the manual with the device? if not, search for EON at the Suunto site.

Dave Zimmerly:
Replace the battery (?)
Not likely. Usually dive history is in non-volatile memory. Like the common digital camera memory cards, it doesn't need battery power to retain stored data.

The manufacturer could probably erase the data, using the same tools they use to calibrate the dive computer, but the easiest thing for a new owner to do is simply ignore the old history.

Your new dives will eventually overwrite the old stuff.

Gives you a good reason to go Dive, Dive, Dive!

If you have the interface for the computer, I believe that the dive manager software will allow you to erase the computers' memory.

User cant reset the computer. Battery removal just change the date and deepest dive.
I suggest you change the sampling rate to minimum and the memory will lapse.

Not true .... Suunto do not support reset.. but there is a free utility of line that allows you to do this.
Go to the excelnnet Liquid Image Photo slecet Suunto tools.

You can also get a utlity to clear violations

Not likely. Usually dive history is in non-volatile memory. Like the common digital camera memory cards, it doesn't need battery power to retain stored data.

The manufacturer could probably erase the data, using the same tools they use to calibrate the dive computer, but the easiest thing for a new owner to do is simply ignore the old history.

Your new dives will eventually overwrite the old stuff.

Gives you a good reason to go Dive, Dive, Dive!

That's my advice as well, just ignore it. It will be pretty obvious which are your dives, and eventually the previous owner's dives will be overwritten.

Adam

Suunto Tools don't work with SUUNTO D6i ... I am temted to code a program for this if I can't find one.

Ok.. I did it.... I coded a program that can successfully reset a Suunto D6i. I an read/write all memory, reset to dafault, remove all dive memories and logs. I need more data on other models to complete it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom