UWATEC Aladin Pro Battery Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voodoo_73

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to change battery in Aladin Pro?
Answers that I already know:
1. No, you have to send it to UWATEC for replacement and calibration (ca. 80 usd)
2. You can buy a do-it-yourself kit for about 60usd

Is there a way to do it cheaper?
My Aladin looks like this:

Greetings from Poland
Voodoo

voodoo_73:
Does anyone know if there is a way to change battery in Aladin Pro?
Answers that I already know:
1. No, you have to send it to UWATEC for replacement and calibration (ca. 80 usd)
2. You can buy a do-it-yourself kit for about 60usd

Is there a way to do it cheaper?
My Aladin looks like this:

Greetings from Poland
Voodoo

I don't know where to do it yourself for cheaper ($60 ain't bad though considering the several hundred dollar cost of a new computer) but if you bought it from a dealer then you get free battery replacement for life. At least you should, I have a warranty card for mine that states just that. If my battery ever dies I send it back to UWATEC and get a new battery and calibration for as long as I own the computer (only for original purchaser).

This particular model is oil filled. The case does not open up easily. Yours is also displaying ERR which means it also has another problem that a battery change won't fix. Return it through a Scubapro/Uwatec dealer and you will probably get back a nearly new unit with fresh battery in exchange.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom