Apeks Download cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icdiver

New
Reaction score
I have just purchased an Apeks Quantum and was a little shocked at the price of the cable. As it is a USB interface the pin out connection is not rocket science and the PCLogbook is free on the Apeks website I thought I was onto a winner, however it appears that I do not have the .inf (driver file) for the Quantum so I am assuming this is a part of the package that you get with the cable for £69.00.
If anyone out there that has parted with their hard earned for the cable and will mail or send me the .inf and .exe file that comes with the Apeks download cable I will publish the DIY detail on this site.

icdiver:
I have just purchased an Apeks Quantum and was a little shocked at the price of the cable. As it is a USB interface the pin out connection is not rocket science and the PCLogbook is free on the Apeks website I thought I was onto a winner, however it appears that I do not have the .inf (driver file) for the Quantum so I am assuming this is a part of the package that you get with the cable for £69.00.
If anyone out there that has parted with their hard earned for the cable and will mail or send me the .inf and .exe file that comes with the Apeks download cable I will publish the DIY detail on this site.
Nothing comes with the cable. You download the software from the Apeks website. When you install the software and connect the cable for the first time, Windows XP will detect the device and ask you to provide a driver. If you select the option for it to search for the driver, it will be downloaded and installed automatically.

Daryl Morse:
Nothing comes with the cable. You download the software from the Apeks website. When you install the software and connect the cable for the first time, Windows XP will detect the device and ask you to provide a driver. If you select the option for it to search for the driver, it will be downloaded and installed automatically.

Ok thanks for that info, when I connect the USB comms ( pins 2 and 3 USB 'A') to the water contacts with the quantum in PC mode the computer recognises a USB device is attached and searches for the driver but fails to locate it, I will scratch my head and try to install it through control panel any other ideas welcome.

Have you sent a note to Apeks to see if they can help?

On this side of the pond, there is a retailer who includes the cable for an additional US$50 when you purchase the computer - you can check their site in my signature line.

I have the TUSA IQ-700 and have not had the problems you've mentioned - and my PC is one that came with Windows ME, a short-lived OS, - if you have issues with the OS, you may have to check for MS upgrades to your driver set.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom