DSS's wrist mount bungee Vyper and SK-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulithepin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently purchased DSS's mounts for a Vyper and an SK-7. I finally found some appropriate diameter bungee cord with Tobin's assistance. (at West Maringe BTW) Now I have the challenge of removing the computer and the compass from the oversized SUUNTO mounts with out breaking them....equipment or mounts...then I need to tie the bungee to the mounts. Does anyone have any evperience with these mounts and if so can you give me some specific hints as to do it properly, without breaking anything? Thanks for any and all assistance,
Paul

The computer mount is easy as the suunto mount is pliable though it was tricky to get my Vytec into the DSS mount (patience is the key), the compass mount is a little trickier I'm pretty sure there were instructions in the compass mount package.

paulithepin:
I recently purchased DSS's mounts for a Vyper and an SK-7. I finally found some appropriate diameter bungee cord with Tobin's assistance. (at West Maringe BTW) Now I have the challenge of removing the computer and the compass from the oversized SUUNTO mounts with out breaking them....equipment or mounts...then I need to tie the bungee to the mounts. Does anyone have any evperience with these mounts and if so can you give me some specific hints as to do it properly, without breaking anything? Thanks for any and all assistance,
Paul

Hot Tap water is your friend, softens the boots eases removal. I've seen a couple variants of the Suunto Computer boot. Some require removing to spring pins like the ones used to secure wrist watch bands.

Tobin

Like Tobin said, soaking the boots in hot water for about 5 minutes helped considerably. (But I cut my Suunto out of its original boot...being rather impatient...)

For the bungee, turn the thing over and look at the underside of the boot. There are four holes along each side. For each bungee/side, tie a knot in the bungee and thread it UP from the bottom through the hole nearest the center of the boot. The knot goes up into that hollowed out portion. Then run the bungee back DOWN through the hole nearest the edge. The bungee runs around your arm and UP through the hole nearest the other edge, then back down through the hole nearest the center, where you tie off the second knot and pull the bungee taut (pulling that second knot also up into it's corresponding hollowed out portion).

No worries. Don't worry about it if the bungee lengths aren't exactly the same. Your arm isn't a perfect cylinder either! :) It's better to be a tad too loose than a tad too tight.

I love Tobin's boots. Everyone on the group I dive with went to them. They're great.

Doc

Hot water and patience is definitely the key! Both the Vyper and the SK-7 are mounted in their new homes and ready for their first dive! I'll let ya"ll know how is goes, hopefully nest Saturday weather depending! Thanks for the assistance.
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom