Suunto API for those that want can out program suunto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CIBDiving

Contributor
Reaction score
A person asked for an API for Suunto computers so they could make their own divelog software. well I've almost got one working. You could help out by testing this program on various interface cables and computers! I use a "custom idea" usb cable to a vyper, any others work with this and if not what errors are returned? The software is Currently only designed to work with viper/cobra/vytec. I know there is info specific to the vytec that I can't get to - the gas blends for one thing. Until I get a vytec computer to download from It'll stay that way.

http://home.gci.net/~liquidimagephoto/Other Free Stuff/Project1.exe

Now not every thing works on this program - it'll get and set the light timer ( but it has a bug on the set ), it'll get the serial number, it will get and set the 'mode' ( air,nitrox,gauge), and it'll get and set metric or imperial and it'll get and reset max depth.. It'll get the dive data also but it doesn't do anything with it and you can't access it.

Please try it and let me know of what (if any) success it has on YOUR setup.
I'd like to know it works at the hardware level before continuing.

Check back from time to time - I'm constantly making changes to the program in my spare time.

Thanks! Can anybody give this a try on sunnto's RS232 ( the older ) interface, a test on the USB from Suunto would be very usefull too.

I'll give it a go with the Cobra. I use the serial cable with a USB adapter. Would love to have access to the data.

Thanks, I also need a test on a true RS232 interface if someone will be so kind.
I could use a dump of a vytec log if someone has one. That's the "Profile.VPR" file in suunto's DM software ( above V 2 ).

This program is a very simple 'wrapper' for the API engine, Most of the data get/set functions are already there, you just can't use them with this simple front end.
I still have a few things to do - I need a standard way to represent the dive data, I need to clean up a few data access functions that have byte reversals, find a 'standard' way of representing the computer model.

I started out useing a function to get/set each individual peice of data seperatly, Now I think a better way is to read it all into a data struct on the host and only write it back after the user says to. That way an "undo" can be used.
Suggestions are welcome!!!

I can test the Stinger on the real Suunto RS-232 interfrace -- as soon as I get it back from a battery change! (Hopefully this weekend)

I'll give it a go on my serial connector with my Vyper.

Who makes you cable?

Thanks, both tests would be great. The API isn't designed for the stinger but should work just fine. I hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom