Aeris XR1 Dive Computer Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LindaBluedolphin

Resident/Token Treehugger
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a search and came up with some information, but just want to throw my question out there. One of the dive shops in my area was telling me about a problem (I think it was this model, but I could be very wrong which is why I am asking), that has to do with the user changeable battery and flooding if not closed up perfect?

I am considering this computer as a back up. Mine died last year and I wound up getting a completely new rig, but still have my old reg and octo and am thinking of getting this as a back up and/or for local diving in the dreaded quarry (when I get desperate).

Anyone know much about this and any flooding isues? I don't need a NITROX computer and this one seems to fit the bill.

Thoughts?

I have two of these, one for me and one for my son. I recently changed the battery on my sons computer with no problems. It was very simple. In fact I did'nt even have the Aeris kit that includes battery,o-ring, and grease. I just had the new battery. If you take you time and make sure the o-ring is seated properly it should be no problem. I would expect that though with any computer.

John

Thanks, they may have fixed the problem as well.

Is that the model where the internal clock runs the battery down quickly? Again something I heard from a LDS, but don't know for sure and the unit will get minumal use mostly quarry stuff I guess.

Hmm, I have the XR1 and had a Atmos 1 and never had any problems. Nor have I heard about any.
I might be wrong about this but Oceanic (same company) HAD an issue with the battery lasting about a year. Maybe this is why the LDS said the XR1 sucked batteries. I have had mine for over a year with no issues.

Thanks for the information

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom