Dive Plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
I'm new to diving, and have a Uwatech bottom timer.

Whats the best method to use this tool?

Plan my dive on my tables, make a note of my max depth and max bottom time, and dive my plan?

I know a comp would give me more bottom time, deco info (if needed, etc) but I wanted to 'master' the dive tables first before I invest in a comp.

Should I be carrying my dive table on me while submerged?

I dive a BP and wings, so I have no BC pockets for 'stuff'?

??

A computer is pretty essential as far as I'm concerned. I dive 2 computers and a bottom timer and still carry tables for planned dive. Plan your dive, dive your plan.

OK,
Thanks...

A fair few divers still dive tables as their primary dive plan, although they are becoming more and more rare. You have the right attitude though, to understand and be able to dive tables before becoming reliant on a computer.

I recently completed a technical course and the instructor put a lot of emphasis on having and using tables. Tables for the planned dive, and tables for overshooting depth, and also ones for overstaying time.

Unless you plan on doing decompression diving, you probably just need your NDLs for each depth and following those. Work out your repetitive groups and residual nitrogen times for multiple dives. If you really want to get cosmic, you can get "the wheel" and work out multi-level dive plans.

The disadvantage is as you have stated, less bottom time and less flexibility in diving to the bottom terrain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom