Dive Log Printout Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m hoping someone might be able to give me a little information. I am looking for a software program that will let me input my dive and will print out a NICE looking dive log printout. I have found some that just print a list of my dives, but I’m looking for something with a little more information. I’ve found one called Diver Assistant, but it won’t let me put any of my dives over 130 feet. If anyone is using a program they like, please let me know.

Hey C_D and All,

I use two that go together, Dive Master for the PC and Dive Master for the Palm Pilot. They are completely simple, have no such restrictions, and print out great. I use the DM for Palm to record the dive, and then transfer it to the DM for PC for final mainpulation.

However, I just got the PC interface for my Suunto Cobra, and I like the ease that I can capture the info with that. It stores the actual profiles in a graph form. Its very cool, so I will probably start tracking my dives in that manner now.

Pete from Orlando...

I'm really happy with Internet Dive Log (IDL). http://www.immersions.com/idl/index.html

It keeps up with EVERYTHING possible in a very easy to use format. You can keep your maintainence records and gear inventory, it generates a profile for your SAC rate, trip reports, contact information. You can download some computers thru them and they are working on more brands every day. You have the choice of sharing your logbook with others or keeping it private. Your dive statistics can also be shared with DAN for their research. If you are a photographer, you can upload your photos and attach them to specific dives as well as build a screen saver of your photos.

Way too much info to list here. You can download it and log 20 dives for testing until you're asked to buy it. But at $39 it's well worth it.

What I really like is, although I have basic files on my harddrive, all the records are kept on the internet. If you have any problems, they can totally recover all your records. Their customer support is excellent. I've been with them for over a year and by using beta versions, have helped in developement.

I have also use DM for Palm and PC. It's nice and easy but doesn't keep all the info I like. IDL can sort of work the same way. You can work in IDL off the internet then sync it up later. On long dive trips, I take my laptop and enter all my dive info into IDL offline. Then when I get home I do a sync to bring the PC up to speed.

Give them a try. What have you got to lose?

The Abyss dive planning software has this feature. I'm pretty sure the GUE Decoplanner has sometype of log book function as well. As an added bonus, both programs allow you to cut your own dive tables.

Hope this helps,
Sam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom