Bungee mount for Tusa/dive rite wrist comp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver32

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know if there is a bungee type mount for wrist Dive rite duo/Tusa IQ700 wrist computer? All dive rite has is some type of velcro looking band.... The usual watch band style wiill not fit over my dry suit and insulation.

Dan

I haven't seen such marketed, but I am happier with the DR Duo depth compensating cinch strap on my TUSA IQ-700 than I was with the factory strap. It's not velcro, and has the feature where if 1 pin failed, you wouldn't lose the computer from your wrist into the deep.

Should be easy enough to DIY make a bungee mount, or use one of the bungee mounts for the Uwatec (et. al.) round bottom timers, since the Duo, IQ-700, and these digital bottom timers can all be placed in standard console mounts or in standard wrist mount boots.

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/computers/bottomtimer.shtml

You could call the Dive Rite Express folks and see if they would test fit a Duo in the DSS bungee wrist mount, to make sure it fit before ordering one.

Thanks, I ordered the depth compensating style but it hasn't gotten here yet, just wondering, as I like thr bungee style.

I've replaced the stock band on my Cressi Archimede with 1" wide elastic (purchased at WallyWorld). Just remove the watch style pins, take them out of the band, replace them into the computer case, and thread the elastic under the pins. I did two bands, one inside the other, for redundancy. I overlap the join and superglue twice (once on each end flap), then add a bar-tack between the glued ends. I did something similar with my previous computer (a Cochran AquaNox [not too many of those around]) and the elastic bands lasted about four years before they stretched out and needed to be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom