Oceanic DataTrans Plus OR Oceanic DataMax Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyDiver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm buying a computer and have narrowed it down to:

Oceanic DataTrans Plus OR Oceanic DataMax Pro Plus 2

DataTrans Plus (wrist-mountable but no compass): $799.00

DataMax Pro Plus 2 (w/ compass and quick disconnect): $899.00

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Is DataTrans Plus too big for the wrist? It looks big.

DataTrans Plus is generally $999.00 so it would seem that it is a better deal in terms of $$$ but the DataMax Pro Plus 2 seems a little more user-friendly and, frankly, a little better looking.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Once you decide which one of these you're going to get (if you're sold on Oceanic), you should head to the Internet and shop those prices. Two of the online stores I checked were able to beat those by $100-180.

Marc

I've used the DataTrans Plus extensively since 1998... I love it! It is bulky to wear on the wrist; however, it can also be attached to your bcd with a retractor/transit clip. While both computers are air integrated, the DataTrans Plus has the added advantage of being hoseless. If you don't mind the extra hose, the DataMax Pro Plus is an awesome dive computer.

If you decide to go with Oceanic DTP, check out Aeris 750GT. It is identical to DTP, but they tend to be priced considerably lower than Oceanic.
Both made by Pelagic?... not sure

I just picked one up about 2 weeks ago and have about 20 dives logged on it so far and it seems to work well. No problems as of yet.

Just my 2 cents

I bought it last year and have 30 or so dives on it. I like it. Easy to read and all of the info I need.

Ty

Back
Top Bottom