Sea & Sea Profile 1000 w/ Dead battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dyvrz

Reaction score
Anyone use a Sea & Sea Profile 1000 computer? They want $75 to send mine in for a new battery; that's almost 30% of the original cost ;-0
OUCH!
Any alternatives?:confused:

I just bought one of these on eBay. It's dead. It looks like a rechargeable unit. Do you have a charging unit? I'm not going to pay $75.00 for a battery. I will get this thing apart, and when I do, I'll let you know what I find.

Let me know what you find out. I purchased one of these some time ago and fished it out today to discover the battery is dead and Sea & Sea seems to be out of the dive computer business.

OK, I've now taken mine apart and found that is uses two 3 volt batteries that were soldered together. They are Sanyo CR14250SE. I'm going to find replacements and solder the battery back in and see if it works. You don't need to take the whole thing apart to get to the battery. On the top left hand side you'll notice a clear plastic circle with a black plastic cover in it's center. Remove the black plastic piece (it's glued on) and you find three small holes in the clear plastic circle. I used a pair of needle nose pliers to then unscrew this plastic cover and o ring. You need to remove another clear plastic donut underneath. It screws out also. You can then remove the batteries which are soldered together and covered in shrink wrap tubing.

Okay, I got mine apart. I had to measure the triangle of the holes in the cap, drill a piece of oak and drive in three nails with the heads ground off to make a tool to unscrew the darned cap. I found Sanyo CR14250SE-T batteries on ebay. These have the flat tab at each end for easy soldering. It powered up fine. The only problem is that shows metric readings. Does anyone have a manual for this thing?

Hi All.
Please tell what type of backup (not main) battery install in Profile-1000.

P.S. Sorry for my bay english.

Hi, everyone.

I just changed the batteries on my Sea&Sea profile 1000 witch is easy. The cost's for those the battery is only 5 euro's.

I do have another question. Is there anyone with a cradle, docking station for the profile 1000? So that I can hook it up on my PC.

Kind regards, Zatara.

46f4a15355ea6ecd1087ffed01704a6a.jpg

Resurrected this from the 5$ bin. Thank you for the thread of guidance.

Sent from my C6806 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom