Suunto Cobra Quick Disconnect Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPTM

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently got a Suunto Cobra with QD and I'd like to know if there is any problem in rinsing the computer in fresh water while disconnected from the HP hose. In this case, should the connector be protected with the rubber cover which comes with the Cobra?

I thank you all in advance for any advice.

Regards

My husband and I each have the cobra with QD and have always been careful to rinse while connected, drip dry then release. The QD parts don't look waterproof and I not conviced that water wouldn't damage them. I would just err on the side of caution.

I also rinse with the computer in place, then disconnect when dry.
Though the connector holds air when my computer is disconnected, it still makes me nervous that water could get in either side.

Marc

JPTM once bubbled...
Hi,

I've recently got a Suunto Cobra with QD and I'd like to know if there is any problem in rinsing the computer in fresh water while disconnected from the HP hose....

I wrote to SUUNTO and asked your question. Here is their reply:

"Getting water in the pressure sensor will not directly harm the computer, as the pressure sensor is made of brass, but it is of course difficult to dry, and having water/moisture in the sensor for longer periods is not good. "
Sten Stockmann
Product Manager, Diving
Suunto Oy
Valimotie 7
01510 Vantaa
Finland

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom