UWATEC / ScubaPro Prime computer question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaytonaDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

I sent my Aladin Prime back to ScubaPro (actually my LDS did) because it was eating batteries for breakfast and they sent me back a new computer!

From what I can tell online, their newer model has a few nice features that I hope are on mine... (like the safety stop timer). Is there a way I can tell by looking at it / going through menus / checking the serial, which one I have?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Youre old prime would have had the safety stop timer as well. I know exactly what you mean bout the battery hungry ones. It was an issue when they first came out. There should be a menu either in set 1 or set 2 that will allow you to adjust your safety stop timer between 3 - 5 min. -- Or read the manual. It will explain the more about the goodies in better detail.

To activate the safety stop timer in the water you come up to your stop and press the left button quickly. If you hold the button to long it will light up the interface.

Thanks... I have the manual and have read it twice.... too much to remember I guess.... didn't remember about the timer.

I will give it a try this weekend. I don't run into many divers who use the Prime... am I behind the times?:14:

It's a good computer. I use the aladin tec, but the lds that I used to help out used them for their classes and I've shown many people how to use the primes. :)

Hi Guys,

I bought an Aladin Tec about 9 months ago and it waorked perfectly Then about a month back I had to change the batteries and since then the IR link does not work. The funny thing is the same thing happened to a frined who bought the same model from a completely different source. Does anybody know about a manufacturing defect or recall? My frineds computer is also eating up batteries while mine is not.

Also another problem is that I sometimes find it imposible to set the safety stop timer.

Thanks for info.

happy diving
Ajith

ajithf:
Does anybody know about a manufacturing defect or recall? My frineds computer is also eating up batteries while mine is not.

I would take it back to the LDS where you bought it and ask them to send it back. My LDS owner stated that there are a lot of battery related problems right now and UWATEC is replacing the computers that are sent back from licensed dealers.... though no 'official' word of this from the company.

I think it took 3 weeks from dropping it off at the LDS to getting the new one in my hands.... and that's with the shop owner being kind of slow getting it in the mail. Was worth it to me for a new computer without the battery problems.... plus the LDS owner lent me HIS Prime II to take a few dives.

Another reason to support your LDS.... if it is a good one.

I am suprised it took you three weeks to get a new computer. At my LDS they called UWATEC and as soon as they got off the phone they gave me a new computer from their stock.

Well, my LDS is pretty small, so he didn't have any in stock. The owner tries to keep his inventory low... keeping his overhead low... but he's pretty good about having stuff I need most of the time. If it's not there today, it usually is in about 3 days.

My computer went out kind of late due to the fact that he had heard from a couple of other people that were bringing theirs in for return... he held the box for a few days until they all arrived.

By the way you guys were right about the Aladin. There seems to be a problem with the IR device and they replaced mine without a murmur. I think they should do a general recall.

Ajith

Glad to hear they took care of it for you... There's one thing I have to say is that UWATEC definitely stands behind their products.

Back
Top Bottom