Casio Frogman= Awesome!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Bought a couple of Frogmen for myself and the wife for Xmas and I wanted to post a quick review to mention how awesome these watches are!

Not only do they look great (bought a white with black face for her and grey with navy face for me) but they keep up to 10 dives stored and are built like tanks.

I decided to "test" their toughness by dropping mine into a cup of water and freezing it overnight. then Microwaved it to thaw it out. ...works fine!

Now thats tough.
whitestrap.jpg

You are a brave man. Not sure I would take a new cool toy and freeze then microwave it. :wink: My husband has been talking about wanting to get a pair. They are very pricey and I want my dry suit first. Diving in California during the winter :shakehead Way to cold. Have our suits on order so maybe this will be a toy for next year. :D Thanks for sharing.

Stacy

I'd have no problem freezing my watch. But who in there right mind would put it in the microwave! :11: You need to call Casio and tell them to put "microwave safe" somewhere on the watch. :D You're nuts but glad it turned out. Perhaps the oven set to broil next time?

jeraldjcook:
I'd have no problem freezing my watch. But who in there right mind would put it in the microwave! :11: You need to call Casio and tell them to put "microwave safe" somewhere on the watch. :D You're nuts but glad it turned out. Perhaps the oven set to broil next time?

Better yet stick it on the BBQ for an hour then throw it in the freezer :eyebrow:

I decided to do it because I read somewhere that it holds up. It did!

As for their price they are'nt that bad, about $160 for the regular black/resin...if you try to find one of the limited editions with shades of white they will run up to $400.

We collect them now and are up to 3. Going to get a couple more colors for X-mas. :)

im still waiting for them to build a dive computer. ive had one of their watches for close to twenty years and it s still going strong.

scrapdizzy:
I decided to do it because I read somewhere that it holds up. It did!
That reminds me of the old Timex TV ads years ago in the UK. They used to attach a watch to all kinds of things and then show it was still working afterwards. The one I remember best was a horse's ankle and then let the horse run a race. I used to love those ads! :D

divinginn:
im still waiting for them to build a dive computer. ive had one of their watches for close to twenty years and it s still going strong.
Same here. My Casio is 22 years old and I still waiting for the damn thing to break so I can get a new one. And I can't just get a new one, I would feel like I was cheating on the old one. :D

Kim:
That reminds me of the old Timex TV ads years ago in the UK. They used to attach a watch to all kinds of things and then show it was still working afterwards. The one I remember best was a horse's ankle and then let the horse run a race. I used to love those ads! :D

For me, it's the one with the sumo wrestler. "They take a lickin' and keep on tickin'."

So if I ever find myself in a freezer or Microwave this is the watch to wear...Thanks for the advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom