D6 vs Vytec DS, which one for me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im looking to get into deeper dives, probably into tec diving in the near future and i was wondering what i should get. I want to be able to possibly do trimix i the future as well as decompression dives. I dont want the air integrated. Price would be the same for me, but i'm wondering what everyone thinks of both.

I'm certainly curious as well. From many of the guys I have spoke to at the dive store they seem to prefer Uwatechs. I have an older suunto now and the suuntos (i was looking at vytec myself) are all very conservative on repetitive dives so many tech guys don't use them.

Ask yourself this - do you want a watch or a dive computer? IMHO the D6 makes a nice back up watch, the dial is small which is nice but the compass is a PITA. The Vytec algorithm can be changed so that it will match other algortihms that one would use for deco dives. You do plan to do cut tables and have a back up timer?

For me I use cut tables and a gauge (Suutno d3) and my computer (Vytec DS) is a backup.

As for conservative BS - I used mine for a week in Chuuk doing 3-4 deep dives a day for a week and did not feel limited.

thanks for the feedback scared. I'm certainly looking for a dive computer and not a watch. If I ever needed just a bottom timer I'd use my older suunto favor, also as a backup if need be. So the Vytec algorithm can be changed, thats good to know and also good to know you never felt limited. Course I'm partial to suunto's since I have one now so this is good to know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom