problem with archimede II at altitude

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noobascooba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all
I am having a problem with my new archimede II console, I was hoping if I describe the problem someone might be able to tell me if it is a bug...

I tried it for the first time yesterday. As I was about to get in the pool I noticed there was residual nitrogen showing both as desat time and the nitrogen graph, even though it had never been used. I reset the computer and it worked fine underwater.

When I surfaced it was showing one pixel on the nitrogen graph and around 13 hours desat time. I'd only been to 12 feet for 14 mins but I assumed this was ok.

This morning. the desat time was down to zero (the date was displaying where the desat time had been and there was no nitrogen graph showing). But when I came and looked at the display a few minutes later the desat time had gone back up to 15 hours and there were 2 pixels showing in the nitrogen graph.

Also, the altitude display is flicking between 2 mountains and 3 mountains. We are at 7200 feet.

I think the problem might be that we are at the boundary of 2 altitude settings, so the computer sometimes switches to the higher altitude setting and assigns me some nitrogen based on my higher altitude. I checked the manual and we should be within one altitude setting not right in between 2, but I can't think of any other reason.

Please let me know if I can fix this problem because obviously I don't want to have to reset the computer in between dives because I'll loose my nitrogen information. Is this something I can fix (e.g. is there a way to override the automatic altitude setting) or do I need to return the unit to my supplier?

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom