Mares Nemo vs RDP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetpants

Registered
Reaction score
After reading comments here on the forums, i ended up buying a Mares Nemo dc. My first impression is that it looks sexy - no doubt. After a quick read of the manual, the controls seem logical and easy to use. I haven't as yet taken it diving, but with any luck i'll put it to the test this weekend.

Anyway, i'm a little confused about something (maybe because it's my first dc). Firstly, i expected the 'dive planning' function to show down to 10m but it only shows a max depth of 12m. Not sure why, however my confusion sets it when i compare it to my RDP. At 12m the Nemo shows the NDL to be 99min however on my RDP it is far greater (i.e. 147).

It seems to me that my Nemo is more conservative than the RDP???? Is that right, or am i not understanding something?

Hope someone can clear this up.

Cheers

This is just a guess, but it looks like from the manual that it only shows NDL in minutes, using two digits..

So 99 minutes may mean equal to or exceeding 99 minutes..?

By 'shows a max depth of 12m' .. do you mean a minimum depth of 12 meters? Because the manual says the plan function works to 48 meters.

Take care,

Hi Scott, yeah I mean minimum depth (however this is marked as Max Depth for planning purposes).

I also own a nemo and love it. 99mins is max it calculates (or at least displays), so you can think of it as 99+. I don't use metric, but I regularly get different values displayed in planner mode, usually incremented every 10-12ft. It is just how the algorithm works. Works just fine for planning. It may not match your RDP exactly, but neither will NDLs since you probably don't dive a perfectly square profile:)

Back
Top Bottom