Oceanic Atom 2.0 Wristwatch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drew52

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just wondering if people have had experience with the Oceanic Atom 2.0 Wristwatch.

I have no experience with these computers and am wondering what they are like.

How reliable are they? Are they conservative or liberal? Are they easy to use both in the water and after the dive?

I guess I'm looking for any info from those of you that have them.

I'm familiar to the Uwatec, ScubaPro, Aeris and Suunto Dive computers but would like some info on this one.

Thanks

Ok then how about some general info regarding the Oceanic Computers?

I'm trying to decide if it is worth moving away from my trusty uwatec block.

Whats the customer service like? In my experience brands like suunto and uwatec replace problem euipment no questions asked. Are Oceanic like this?

They just became available to the public. I think it's too early for anyone to weigh in about reliability.

How about Oceanic computers in general? Not too familiar with the brand. But thinking of changing to one.

Have used a Data Trans with good success, for years and back it up with an old XTC 100 which I love because it has large numbers which means I can read them without my bi-focal mask.

Oceanic products as a whole have a good reputation as well as an excellent customer service backing them up, if anything should go wrong.

I have used many of their computers, starting from a ProPlus 2, VT PRO, Atom 1 and now have VT3s. In general they are more on the liberal side but offer endless adjustments for safety levels (compared to the ever conservative Suunto brand) very easy to use above and below water, very good track record and come in different flavours to suit your needs.

They also offer extra features that many of the others (Uwatec, Suunto....etc) -- user replaceable batteries. We have all heard rumours of the other brands and what it takes to have the power unit replaced.

Another note, Aeris and Oceanic are the same company, so if you are already familiar with Aeris then you should also know Oceanic.

I have used Oceanic computers for 12+ years, and they have all been great. This includes the Oceanic VT Pro and Aeris hoseless transmitter computers.

I just bought the Oceanic Atom 2, but have not had a chance to dive with it yet. However, so far I am very impressed. The numbers and letters are easy to read, the transmitter link is reliable and has been functioning within 4-6 feet from the transmitter (on land) with no problems, it is easy to navigate through the functions and is very user-friendly, and the psi reading is more accurate than any of my other computers.

The Atom 2 is said to be almost like the Aeris Epic, with the same features. The Epic should be hitting the market this week or next week according to Aeris.

Just my 2 psi...

Back
Top Bottom