Holidays are coming help be decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jibeho

Contributor
Reaction score
I previously dived with my Atmos 2 wrist and a Scuba Pro DC12 in my console. The DC12 was for backup timer and depth gauge only. Well this unit went TU this spring leaving me without a backup. I have been trying to decide what to ask for. I was looking at the 2 Citizen model watches and a new console

Citizen MA9040-52E Promaster Hyper Aqualand about $290 at LP

and the Citizen MG1010-08E Promaster Cyber Aqualand Nx for about $130 more.

If I get a watch I would want to wear it daily work, play and diving.

My other thought would be to get an Atmos 2 console for about $350 at LP

Should I even worry about having a backup?

The Hyper Aqualand is good is all you want is a backup bottom timer and depth guage - plus it records your dives - but only downloads your last 8 dives - so on a longer dive trip, you will not be able to record all your dives.

They Cyber Aqualand is a full fledged dive computer - lots and lots of bells and whistles. It is a great conversation piece when you wear it - with graphics and the ability to show graphs of all your dives.

They Hyper Aqualand is a little smaller than the Cyber - you need a fairly large wrist/arm for the Cyber. Both are great for everyday wear.

I got the Hyper first and wore it for over a year then got the Cyber - and the only time it comes off is for sleep or when diving - because it goes into my pocket as my backup and dive recorder.

PS - the IR port works fine for uploads/downloads to the computer - don't buy the USB kit if your computer has an IR port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom