Uwatec/Scubapro Smart pro battery change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
Im looking to buy a smartpro from leisurepro or dive inn.I know if i buy from my LDS i get free lifetime battery changes.The only problem is that i can get it several hundred dollars cheaper online.

My question is when this does need a battery change which shouldnt be for quite some time.....will uwatec still change the battery even if they do charge me or will they refuse to even service it.If anyone has any experience with this type of situation with the line of uwatec computers let me know.I own a few uwatec computers all purchased from my LDS and none of them are even close to needing a battery change.

lal7176 once bubbled...
Im looking to buy a smartpro from leisurepro or dive inn.I know if i buy from my LDS i get free lifetime battery changes.The only problem is that i can get it several hundred dollars cheaper online.

My question is when this does need a battery change which shouldnt be for quite some time.....will uwatec still change the battery even if they do charge me or will they refuse to even service it.If anyone has any experience with this type of situation with the line of uwatec computers let me know.I own a few uwatec computers all purchased from my LDS and none of them are even close to needing a battery change.

There should be no problem with Scubapro. I have a Monitor 3, which is a US Diver rebranded Uwatec and they did a battery replacement (they actually send a different computer) with no hassle. Don't sweat it.

Phil

Your computer shouldn't need batteries for about 5 years at the earliest!

And, any LDS likes the color of money. They'll do it as long as you pay them...I wouldn't worry about it too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom