CASIO Seapathfinder watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DENNISDIVES

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone using one of these from Casio. I'm looking for info on the SPF-40T-7 or SPF-40T-1v or similar seris. I'm mostly interested in how the digital compass works.

Thanks for youe help.

Dennis

There was a thread this past summer about them. One thing mentioned was that the 100M water-resistant models are only certified for snorkeling by Casio. Only the 200M models are certified as dive watches. If you can find the thread, there was a link to a model chart at Casio's website. Not sure which the model you're looking at falls under.

As I recall part of the thread said you also had to hold the watch pretty level for the compass to work. I wanted a Pathfinder, but instead bought a G-Shock.

I had a seapathfinder and ended up returning it because of the 100m limit. It clearly stated in the manual that it was not for diving. Only their watches certed to 200m were. I got a g-shock solar and one of the cells went bad after 2 months. It went back. I now have a pulsar(seiko). It's been there for over 100 dives from fresh to salt and cold to warm water. No issues with it.

That's odd. I've had a Casio G-shock atomic solar watch for well over a year now and it has performed flawlessly. Battery is always on "high" charge indicator and the time setting is updated every night so that it always shows the exact right time. I have been very happy with mine. In fact, I bought my step-dad one for his b-day not long ago and he loves his too. I don't take mine diving, however. Although I guess I could without any problems.

I've had a Casio Waveceptor G-Shock too now for almost a year. No problems. I finally had to retire my old Casio G-Shock after 10 years of faithful service because the o-ring was stretched out and I couldn't guarantee it's watertight integrity. It still works, just doesn't go diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom