Which 3 gas computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sidneydiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new computer that I can program 3 gas mixes into. I've been looking at:

Oceanic VT3
Oceanic Atom 2.0
Aeris Elite T3
Aeris Epic

Are these computers all the same? They seem to be. Does anyone have any opinions?

Are we talking 3 gas mixes (nitrogen/oxygen)
or 3 gas mixes ?

The computers you mentioned will do the former

The VT3 and Aeris Elite T3 are identical in all aspect - size, specs....etc. There are a few cosmetic changes/differences between the two.

The Atom 2.0 and the Epic again are identical, minus a few changes in the design.

...other than the obvious size, design differences all 4 computers will be able to handle 3 gas mixes (mix 1 up 50% and mix 2 & 3 50%-100%)

Sorry, I meant 3 gas mixes as in 3 different blends of Nitrox (up to 100% O2) and not trimix.

The biggest issue I found is readability between Atom and the VT 3 computers. If you're in cold, dark water and have a prescription mask for seeing things far away, the larger display is much easier to read.

For warmer, tropical water I don't have a problem with the Atom though.

I think Oceanic and Aeris are the same company, if memory serves, so it makes sense that the two computers would be pretty similar.

One other option to look at is the Uwatec computers, but I think the price is a little higher.

As an Atom 1 user I would say go for the VT3. I very rarely use mine as a watch and would rather have a better display for diving. Also I would expect the battery life to be better with a computer only.

I would just decide based on your choices if you want a normal sized computer or a dive watch sized computer. I just bought the elite t3 for myself. It is easier to read, and I have a dive watch that I wear as a backup.

If I can help you out with anything aeris let me know.

Brent

I have a vytec and it works great changes up to 3 gases on the fly some people do not like it because it way to consertive diving my vr3 and my vytec my vytec being set to 1.6 i have to deco for about 15 to 20 mins longer after my vr3 is clean to go but if you dive on the safer side like i do then it does not matter. My dive buddies usally get out of the water when i have 5 mins left on my vytec no one likes to pee in their drysuits lol they normally get back in after they relieve themselfs and snorkle above me to keep an eye on me. I have left my vytec tied to a log to finish its deco instead of violating it.... But over all it is a great computer easy function easy to read.

Back
Top Bottom