WTB Genesis Resource Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

segundo3000gt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i'm just getting into diving and i'm looking for a simple entry level dive computer. anyone happen to have a used genesis resource or similar hockey puck style computer they're looking to get rid of?

While there is nothing wrong with the Genesis Resource computer, if you're just getting into diving I think you'll eventually end up wanting a computer with more features, such as Nitrox, more settings, two button operation, etc...

I'd suggest going ahead and spending an extra few bucks and getting it now instead of having to pay twice and get it later. If you like the Genesis line, the Genesis ReAct Pro is very similar to the Resource but will do most of what you want later. (Nitrox, two button, etc). It's mabye $100 bucks more on average. Maybe less.

I would agree with Mike_S. I have a Genesis Resource from back in the day...I now use it as my backup to my Uwatec Aladin. The Genesis is ok, but you will wind up buying something nice soon...so why waste the money?

On the other hand, I've been using a Genesis Resource for a long time now, and haven't seen a pressing need to upgrade. I generally use my Resource for air dives, and a bottom timer with custom tables for mixed gas.

Also look at the Oceanic & Aeris equivilents. All are working with the same algorithms. Availability on ebay for these computers and their nitrox capable versions is usually good. Now (Nov until Xmas) seems to be a good time to get great deals on used scuba gear.

thanks for the responses guys. i'll have to take a look to figure out what it is i'm looking for

There is a Genesis React for sale on this thread for $150 with 3 gauge console. (must be + depth and + compass)

I believe the React is the 1st version of the React Pro, which might have had a few extra features (maybe someone else can add more info about difference).

Anyway, $150 for it being a nitrox computer with 3 gauge console isn't a bad price. This will do everything that the Resource will plus some.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=168310

Actually, the triple gauge console has a pressure gauge, compass, and the Genesis React which has a depth gauge function and also does nitrox to 50%. It's also in great shape and has a brand new battery, if you don't mind me saying so.

Steve

***MODERATOR NOTE***

Once the discussion moved from a WTB to a general query, this thread was no longer a WTB thread. Thus it was moved from the Classifieds to the Dive PC area.

Just a brief note from one of your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderators...​

Back
Top Bottom