Silly questions about wrist Aeris Atmos-2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmb

Registered
Reaction score
I got my new toy, great thanks to Joe and Larry! :)
But.
There is plug for the USB interface cable (PC LInk) on the back of the computer, and it is not covered. Should it be this way? Or there is plug (cover) for these connectors?

Sorry for this question, this is my first diving computer.

Hmm, and another silly question - are there any special magic I should know in order to re-adjust computer wrist band to fit right hand?

TIA

HMB,

The pins are normally exposed on the Atmos computers. I have a couple hundred dives on mine with no problems to date. You'll like the features and the dive log program. It really shows you whats going on during your dive. Have fun with your new toy.

The download cable socket for my Atmos2 is on the left side. I have never has a cover for this, it fills with water and has never been a problem.

I suppose you could cram the connector in from the back, but I doubt the pins would make contact.

BTW, make sure you have the latest version of the software, a freebie download from the Aeris website. Any previous version (and probably including the CD that came with the cable) is crash happy and a PITA.

All the best, James

fdog:
BTW, make sure you have the latest version of the software, a freebie download from the Aeris website. Any previous version (and probably including the CD that came with the cable) is crash happy and a PITA.

James - I assume you mean the latest PC software - Do they post updates to the firmware for the acutal dive computers? I downloaded 2.1.0 and played around with it, alas, I don't have any dives on my Atmos 2 yet :(

Thanks,
...steve...

stever2002:
James - I assume you mean the latest PC software - Do they post updates to the firmware for the acutal dive computers? I downloaded 2.1.0 and played around with it, alas, I don't have any dives on my Atmos 2 yet :(

Thanks,
...steve...
Yes, I'm sorry I wasn't clear, I was refering to the PC software.

AFAIK, the only folks that can change the wrist computer firmware are the factory techs.

All the best, James

Thanks for the clarification.
...steve...

the data port also is part of the water activation, so they must be exposed

Mafiaman:
the data port also is part of the water activation, so they must be exposed
True it makes the circuit through the water to the small metalic face in the RH button.

Do make sure that the port is reasonaly dry before going to make a download, the interface is not happy when wet.

Pete

yay my Atmos 2 arrived today!! Thanks Larry and Joe!!

Back
Top Bottom