console computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yankeenica

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have a wrist computer (aladin air-z nitrox). It is a good computer but hard for me to read (deteriorating eyesight). I would like to get an air-integrated console that is easy to read. Has anyone had this issue? If so I would appreciate your comments.

thanks ....

If your "deterioration" is the age-related blurring of close-up vision, I have tried the corrective lenses that stick on inside the mask, they are very successful but require some care (they can be inadvertently dislodged).

I use the Oceanic DataMax ProPlusII specifically because of the large display. I am very happy with it.

The 2 AI consoles computers I've found that seem the easiest to read are the Aeris Atmos AI & the Sherwood Wizard. They both have large numbers

Don't know about any others but like mine and can see it fine. I have bifocal lenses in my mask. Got them out of Chicago thru my LDS. Don't know the name but they are nice-about 160 plus the cost of the mask of my choice. Wife and daughter have the lenses as well- no problems from any. Can ask my LDS if you want to know. kk

My wife also has some vision issues. (Her arms are too short).
She and I both have the Aeris AI computers.
Very compact even with the compass, yet
The numbers are large, think, and dark. She uses a 1.5 lens
for reading books, etc... but has no issues reading the display
on the Aeris AI, even the smaller digits which are the digits
for the safety stop timer.
She originally had a different computer and a guage reader mask
with a built in reading lens.
With the Aeris AI, she can read the gauge with a normal mask.

--- bill

I use bifocal lenses and the atmos ai. Couldn't be happier.

....I also went with bifocals lenses....I was going to try the stick on type - but everyone I talked with said the same thing about losing them from the lens...it was a few $ more for the corrective lens....but I'm happy with the choice.....

I went to mono-vision contacts. Best thing I ever did! Now I can see the tiny stuff close up and the far away stuff nice and crisp, without those mask inserts.

See you optometrist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom