Broken Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bspurr13

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I may have an opportunity to buy a broken Sunnto Cobra for well under $100 bucks. The only thing that is actually broken, is the tank pressure readout, and it needs a new pressure transducer.

Any idea what that would cost?

Wondering if it would even be worth my time or $$$. I have seen new ones online for under $500.

Thanks

I was thinking of that as an option - would love to have the air integration feature though.

Bspurr13:
Hello all,

I may have an opportunity to buy a broken Sunnto Cobra for well under $100 bucks. The only thing that is actually broken, is the tank pressure readout, and it needs a new pressure transducer.

Any idea what that would cost?

Wondering if it would even be worth my time or $$$. I have seen new ones online for under $500.

Thanks

Most likely not economically feasible to repair..if under manufacturers warrenty(oops only is if original owner and purchased from authorized dealer) may be replaced at no charge or at a prorated discount..

I can not tell from you posting whether you have two problems or just one. I assume the transducer is broken and needs replaced. If it was then the readout would be just fine. Transducers blowing is common I went through three UWATECs.

Aqua Lung who is the NA distributer for Sunnto dive products are pretty picky about what they will and will not do. As such, I would just call them and ask directly. UWATEC just replaced my computers (they were both second hand). But given what I have read some how I doubt that AL will do that.

As for using it non AI - two problems with that; You can not wrist mount it because of the HP connection sticks out and if you did manage to do that the HP port is then exposed which although it is sealed I would not trust it for the long term.

Both hands on the handle, keep it at your waist in tight. More weight on your front foot at take off. In fact try to stomp the trough just before the wake with your leading foot. Have fun flying!

Sorry no advice on the Cobra...Just other free advice so take it for what you paid :14:

Thanks for wake jumping advice - I can always use that. The only thing I have truly mastered, is the 20mph FACEPLANT.....

As far as the computer goes - I passed on it. Thanks to all that offered thier help.

Brett

Back
Top Bottom