Replacement for Nitek HE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregmontalbano

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was looking at the NiTek HE for quite awhile, never was ready for it though, but now that I am it's sold out and discontinued! Rawr, so what's a good replacement, not looking for something as "large" as the VR3, any suggestions?

gregmontalbano:
I was looking at the NiTek HE for quite awhile, never was ready for it though, but now that I am it's sold out and discontinued! Rawr, so what's a good replacement, not looking for something as "large" as the VR3, any suggestions?

If you need a multiple gas trimix computer, your choices are VR3, HS Explorer, or Cochran. Dive Rite will have a new computer out some time, but don't look for it in the next two or three months. If you just need a multiple gas nitrox computer, there are lots of choices - two gas capable ones are less expensive than three gas ones so you pay your money and take your choice dpending on your diving needs.

Jackie

Thanks for the advice, the trimix isn't a priority now, but it will come in handy in a few years, if the computer makes it that long. I'm really looking at the Cochran's now, there so purty :D
colors_r3_c4.gif

yeah, Dive Rite Express was giving them away for $499 not too long ago

H2Andy:
yeah, Dive Rite Express was giving them away for $499 not too long ago

Yup, DRE had some good deals on these until about three weeks ago. I'd check either Ebay, or the usual message boards (SB, TDS, other).

gregmontalbano:
Thanks for the advice, the trimix isn't a priority now, but it will come in handy in a few years, if the computer makes it that long. I'm really looking at the Cochran's now, there so purty :D
colors_r3_c4.gif

Scuba Toys carries them...
http://scubatoys.com/store/search_r...omSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamTxt=cochran

Scuba Toys also carries VR3s...
http://scubatoys.com/store/search_r...xtFromSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamTxt=VR3

Contact them (972) 820-7667 Toll Free: (877) 728-2243 Fax: (972) 820-7521
and ask their opinion...:D

If you're going to be waiting anyway, you might want to wait and see what Liquivision has to offer. They seem to have some good ideas. Will just be a question of how execution matches with hype.

Rainer:
If you're going to be waiting anyway, you might want to wait and see what Liquivision has to offer. They seem to have some good ideas. Will just be a question of how execution matches with hype.

I am also looking forward to seeing it, but it might be a while to see the first batch review...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom