About Scubapro Aladin Tec 2G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sshen77

Registered
Reaction score
All:
I have sold out my Sunnto Mosquito & now i want to buy a new one. I heard Smartpro will be EOL & the dive shop suggests me Aladin Tec 2G. But i consider for the battery replacement . Is it same as Mosquito use AA button battery or other special shape? If I replace it , do I need to do the test for the leakage???

thanks

The Tec 2G has a user replaceable battery. From the Scubapro site: " User replaceable battery with sealed battery compartment. Protects the computer from improper handling and facilitates battery exchange." Given the size of the computer, my guess is that it is a button type lithium ion battery. And, yes...after replacing you will need to "self test" for leakage. E.g., replace the battery and then submerge the computer in fresh water in the sink.

Good thing Idid a search before posting my own thread on the 2G.

I have a older Tec I'm quite happy with, but do need a second computer. Since I've started Technical Diving, I'm only using 2 gases on dives I think this will be a good choice. I use my current tec in guage mode also, a great feature my aladin prime did not have.

I just hope uwatec dos'nt come out with a 3G just after I get the 2G.

Any one that has a 2G have any issues?

CatalinaCanuck:
Good thing Idid a search before posting my own thread on the 2G.

I have a older Tec I'm quite happy with, but do need a second computer. Since I've started Technical Diving, I'm only using 2 gases on dives I think this will be a good choice. I use my current tec in guage mode also, a great feature my aladin prime did not have.

Any one that has a 2G have any issues?

For tec diving, I put my Scubapro SmartTec into guage mode and use a bottom timer as the backup. I'm not sure why you'd want another computer for tec diving, since you'll be planning your dives with tables/topside software.

Used to have Aladin tech, works great but then I switched to the Smartcom for better font SIZE!!!!!

So, anyone has ever replaced a battery on 2g by yourself?

There is no additional tools or part fot replacing a battery?

sshen77:
Is it same as Mosquito use AA button battery or other special shape? If I replace it , do I need to do the test for the leakage???

The TEC2G uses a flat, disc-shaped (aka button cell) lithium battery - CR2450; UWATEC recommends only CR2450 made by Sony or Renata.

CatalinaCanuck:

UWATEC (with the help of Polar) are coming out with a new computer, the Galileo Sol, aimed at the technical diving market.

hoosier:
So, anyone has ever replaced a battery on 2g by yourself?

There is no additional tools or part fot replacing a battery?

I've replaced a battery on the regular Aladin TEC (basically identical to the 2G apart from differently coloured buttons and two gas/average depth reset functions) - all you need is a coin to remove the battery cover (there are two small holes on the cover which allow you to use a Scubapro universal tool if you prefer) but it is recommended that you replace the o-ring as well when you change the battery.

Vie:
They are coming out with a new computer, the Galileo Sol, aimed at the technical diving market.

I've replaced a battery on the regular Aladin TEC (basically identical to the 2G apart from differently coloured buttons and two gas/average depth reset functions) - all you need is a coin to remove the battery cover but it is recommended that you replace the o-ring as well.

Great...

One more question...
O-ring is an ordinary size and shape that we can get from the hardware store?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom