DIR Compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
Hi,
This is for all of you DIR divers. I have been to three different dive shops trying to find a compass that meets the DIR requirments:
Liquid Filled
Increments of atleast 2 degrees (am I wrong?)
Wrist Mounted
My question is what compass do you use? Or do you know of any compasses with these features?
Thankz
Tekkie

Lose the lame rubber strap and it's a good compass.

The compass I see most often in DIR related photos is the Suunto SK5 with the strap replaced by thin bungee. The SK5 is liquid filled, black compass card, and top-view only.

The Ikelite Pro wrist mount model (#2500?) should work equally well and appears to use the same capsule as the Suunto. The Ikelites regularly turn up on eBay for about $15.

Don

Heh, GI doesn't even use a wrist-mounted compass, just a normal reverse bezel Suunto compass you would use on land.

just a FYI :wink:

jeff

I have a Genisis that is pretty good. I kept the standard strap that came with it because it's pretty heavy duty and I don't see it ever failing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom