Aeris XR-1 Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barberman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm new to diving and looking to get a basic dive computer. I don't need anything real advanced right now and can't afford one either. I was looking on scubatoys.com and found the Aeris xr-1 that is very affordable. It doesn't give much information on it though and I really don't know much about dive computers. I'm really just wanting to keep track of how long I've been down, temp, depth, ascent rate, and ndl time. Just wanting to get some of the great scubaboard advise. Is it a waste of money or a good starting point for a computer? Thanks! :confused:

It is a good computer but you will probably want to wind up taking a nitrox class. I would probably suggest starting with a computer that does nitrox. This way you grow into your gear instead of out of it.

Brent

I agree!! I always said that I wouldn't do nitrox. Well, three computers later I am looking at nirtox as soon as I get rescue out of the way.
The XR1 is a good computer and easy to read and understand. Go to the Aeris web page and check it out. BTW, I think it is being replaced that is why Scubatoys has it marked way down. This won't be an issue with repair/service. I can speak from experience.

Thanks for the advise everyone. As far as my LDS goes, I really don't care for either of them. I have encountered some really rude unhelpful employees at both. I have purchased all my other equipment at a diveshop in another state while on vacation. So online is really the only option I have unless I travel a long way. I will checkout some nitrox capable computers though.

ditto on the Nitrox issue

i would suggest the Nitek Plus. it does Nitrox and two gas mixes. this computer will take you all the way through recreational diving and into light to medium decompression if you ever choose to go that way

highly recommended by all my cave diving friends who own one:

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/computers/nitekplus.shtml

they're on sale now. this is a computer you can truly grow into

I checked out the Nitek Plus and it sound nice, but I really don't want a watch style cpu. I lost my wrist mounted compass on my 2nd dive with it. I think I would rather have one that fits in my console I already have.

that's basically an Atmos 2 in a console setting ... that's a very nice computer

it's now been phased out in favor of the XR-2, so it's getting harder and harder to find

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom