Suunto Cobra and Quick Release question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overboard

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I just ordered a new Cobra to replace my original. I would like to disconect the existing unit's quick release and attach it to the replacement computer. My existing hose already has one side of the quick release installed. The side of the connection that attaches to the computer seems to simply unscrew. Is there anything else to attaching this to the new unit or does it just screw on? Is there any type of compound that should be put on the threads before screwing on the disconnect?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

The male portion of the QD that is on the computer will have a small spool that sits between the QD and computer. See the forth and fifth items on this page:

http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/guages/spgaccessories.html

You will need this part as well as this is what seals the computer to the QD. It may need a little silicone or as most people use these days is cristo-lube. The threads of the QD and computer do not need anything.

Hi SS,

Thanks for the help! Looking at the computer with the QD unscrewed, I see what appears to be the spool you are describing. I see threads on what must be the spool (flat end) and one O ring. I guess the rest of the spool is inside the stem of the computer? How do you remove the spool? It does not seem to unscrew or simply pull out. There is a large nut that appears to be a part of the computer housing. Is this a separate part that unscrews?

I really appreciate the help!

Mark

Back
Top Bottom