Uwatec Aladin Tech 2 - Safety Stop Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sushimassa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have an Uwatech Aladin Tech 2 dive computer and I like the ability to have it count down my safety stops for me. However..... It only kicks in once you go past your no-deco limit, or you're above 6 meters in depth.

Is there a way to either get the computer to do the timer at deeper depths (I like 1 min stops at 12, 9, 6, 3) or get the computer to display seconds so that I know when a minute has passed?

Yep... you press the left(?) button once, but if you're below 6 meters, it just sticks in a log entry.

I'd guess there's no way to get around the 6 meter limitation, but if there's a way to display seconds, that'd be great!

I use mine in gauge mode, and one quick push of the right button resets the stopwatch, which displays seconds.

I noticed the stopwatch in Gauge mode, which is what made me think that there's got to be a way to display seconds when using the computer.

Can I ask why both of you got the Tech2 just to use it in Gauge mode? Most of the functionality (and reason for the inflated price) don't operate when in Gauge mode. Why not just use something simpler (and cheaper) like the Uwatec Digital Depth gauge?

I'm still a greenhorn and need whatever coaching that modern technology can provide (and I admit I'm a sucked for toys, not a good thing in this sport). I understand that relying on these things isn't good in the long run, but I'm happy to have the gauge mode there for the day when I no longer need the other functions.

I noticed the stopwatch in Gauge mode, which is what made me think that there's got to be a way to display seconds when using the computer.

Can I ask why both of you got the Tech2 just to use it in Gauge mode? Most of the functionality (and reason for the inflated price) don't operate when in Gauge mode. Why not just use something simpler (and cheaper) like the Uwatec Digital Depth gauge?

I'm still a greenhorn and need whatever coaching that modern technology can provide (and I admit I'm a sucked for toys, not a good thing in this sport). I understand that relying on these things isn't good in the long run, but I'm happy to have the gauge mode there for the day when I no longer need the other functions.

I bought the TEC2G to use in gauge mode (90% of the time) because it has the built in resettable timer for deco stops, and also for the average depth function.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom