Tusa Imprex II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h3o

Reaction score
I just bought a Tusa Imprex II, this is my first dive computer... how the hell does this thing work? I've read the manual only to be a little more confused... and I usually pick up these type of things fast. Does anyone have one that can give me a little tutorial?

h3o, do you mean the IQ400? If so, I have one that I used to dive with all the time. Now I use it for a backup in case anything happens to my bottom timer/depth gauge. What do you want to know about it?

version of the Suunto FAVOR.
There isn't much you can play with the computer- you can only change the time and altitude settings (A0 and A1, leave it at A0 if you dive below 2000 meters).
Pressing the "com" and the "time" buttons (left and upper right) allows you to toggle between the different modes: LOG(last 9 dives), HIS(total number of dives, max depth), SET(time, date etc), ALT (altitude compensation), and so on.
Pressing the "com" and "plan" brings a screen where you can see bottom times for depths between 9-45 meters (or equivalent in feet).
That's all.
During the dive it self activates and you can see dive time, depth, max depth, no-dec time etc. Also you have an ascent indicator.
In case you reach the no-dec time to zero, you'll see an indication to ascend to the decompression stops: ascend time and ceiling.
Simple, user friendly, cheap and it works great.

But, hey, all this stuff should be in the manual. If you have specific questions, you can send me a message.

BTW no Nitrox setting for this computer, so you dive Nitrox on air times. Not so bad IMHO.

One can see the battery status only ONCE- before the first dive in a series. Once you've made even a single dive, you cannot see the battery status until the NO FLIGHT time is cleared (12-24 hours!! depends on the dives you made). So, if you're going to a Safari and going to dive for a whole week several dives a day, the computer will never complete to clear the NO FLIGHT time and you won't be able to check your battery status-
check it BEFORE the first dive!!!

I was considering buying this computer as a simple air deco one.... what is it's limit on deco.. 30ft? 30 minutes or what??

This actually raises a good question for me. I bought the dive computer used (it's in great working order), however there are two things I need for it:

1. I need to change the battery and don't know how to do it.

2. I don't have a manual (I need to find one online if possible).

I also need to learn how to use my computer. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

I also believe it is identical to the Suunto Favor/Solution computer. They both use a 1/2 AA, 3V battery. Changing the battery is not that hard (I´ve performed it several times). I can send you a copy with a detailed procedure if you send me your email.

This actually raises a good question for me. I bought the dive computer used (it's in great working order), however there are two things I need for it:

1. I need to change the battery and don't know how to do it.

2. I don't have a manual (I need to find one online if possible).

I also need to learn how to use my computer. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

You can google Suunto Favor (or Solution) battery change for instructions. It is not designed to be user changeable, so is a bit trickier than the simple screw cap computer batteries which are commonly seen.
A 1/2 half-height AA Varta battery can be found on ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom