Sherwood Wisdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Has Any one ever used a Sherwood Wisdom? I'm planning to buy it but not sure

He hopes to try it out on Sunday, but with the weather we're having, it may not happen.

Juls

I just came back from my first dive (San Carlos Mexico) with the Sherwood Wisdom. I had no problems or complaints with it. The display is very easy to read. It has large numbers and provides the information in an easily understood layout.

If you have any specific questions about it let me know. I'll try to answer them.

I recently bought one as part of my first set of gear. I have no means of comparison but I am very happy with it. Did 4 dives with it so far and it performed flawlessly. Very easy to use. If you have any other questions feel free to Im me.

I've just got my wisdom and have been on 4 shallow dives with it so far. Not exeeding 30 feet on any dive. It seems to work in all aspects as per the manuel, however, in dive mode, in the block that is for safe time to deco left. It reads what I belive to be safe remaining air time and not safe time to deco. I know this is the case because it has the little tank icon next to it, and when I switch to screen 2 the same numbers occure there as well. All other displays are as they should be. Is it possible that Safe time to deco does not start up untill the 30 foot mark? The manual does not refer to it. Anyone?

In dive mode, the computer will read whatever is less: no deco time or actual air time remaining based on your consumption. At 30 feet you will usually always have less actual air time remaining than no deco time so that is what the computer was showing you. I had the same concern. pm me if you have further questions.

nikyyo,
Thank you for that explanation. I had a feeling that was the case but was a bit concerned because there was no mention in the manual and in simulator mode it reads no deco time, period. What you said makes sence though. I'm planing on doing a deeper dive this weekend (60') so I'm sure the computer will work as expected.
I should say that I do like the Wisdom so far. It's very easy to read due to the large display and backlighting. Also, the buttons operate easily with 5 mil gloves. I got an email from the factory saying that the PC interface should be available by the end of July.
Thanks again......Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom