Galileo Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, don't hold your breath for it.

This was what I heard. The Luna, as you can see from the Galileo display units, was aimed to sit between the Sol and the Terra. However, as the vast majority of Sol buyers are only using the one transmitter, Uwatec realised it would be a bad idea to launch a computer that could use a single transmitter that was a few hundred dollars cheaper, when they had people paying for the top-of-the-line unit to do the self-same thing. Hence, the Luna was put on hold.

Now the Terra has been dropped, I think it will just be the Sol remaining.

Mark

What He Said....

They appear to be available (in May) in the European market, at least they are being advertised for sale in Spain as I type. Slightly more expensive than the Sol.

Seems with the demise of the Terra, Uwatec have had a rethink on the Luna and are aiming to launch it without a transmitter, heart-rate monitor or mixed-gas capabilities, but with the ability to be upgraded to all three retrospectively (the Terra, if you remember, could only be upgraded on the latter two).

However, looking at the prices it will be in the UK, if you get one with a transmitter straight off the bat, it is only about Ž£150 cheaper than a Sol, and I can't imagine the upgrades for heart-rate monitor and mixed-gas will come in under that amount for both, so it seems an expensive way of doing things.

The problem with the Terra was that it was priced too high for an entry-level (to this range) computer, and by the looks of it, I think the Luna is going to be too much for what it does. Will have to wait and see.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom